You can tune a guitar, but you can't tuna fish...

You can tune a guitar, but you can't tuna fish...
Unless it has strings and tuning pets and a sound whole where the air bladder was

Monday, October 8, 2007

Working Musicians

I recently ran into a guy who had travelled from New York to Southern Maryland to just perform at a local county fair. He must not have been paid much, so I assume he did it because he loves what he does.

But here's the kicker -- The guy is a Neil Diamond Impersonator!! He drove hundreds of miles to entertain a few dozen blue-haired ladies in folding chairs, mixed in with guys like me who can't avoid a show like that.

I thoroughly enjoyed both of his shows I attended, as did my wife. In the video, I'm the guy singing "Then he became one!" a measure early.

More power to working musicians like Mr. (almost) Neil Diamond .


The Frog Who Dreamed About Being a King



I Am I Said

1 comment:

Christine said...

I was totally down with The Neil, until he went into that whole Jazz Singer thing.

I can take cheesy, I can take navel-gazing, I can take sideburns out to here, but I draw the line at "Love on the Rocks".