You can tune a guitar, but you can't tuna fish...

You can tune a guitar, but you can't tuna fish...
Unless it has strings and tuning pets and a sound whole where the air bladder was

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Gear

Like most musicians, I've gone through a lot of gear in my life. Most of it was crap, but there were a few things I sure wish I'd held on to. Like that '65 Gibson SG Junior that I sold for $50, and now sells on eBay for close to $1000. Or my beautiful Sun speaker cabinet with two huge 18" speakers. That monster took up the entire back seat of my '68 Cougar, and it weighed a ton! But compared to bass cabinets today, with those puny 10-inchers grouped together like a fly's eyeball, that Sun was rockin'! I'll take two 18-inchers over four 10's any day! (not in a gay way, though of course there's nothing wrong with THAT :)

Anyway, the one piece of gear I've kept and lovingly guarded since I was 13 years old is my '79 Fender Precision, which is still in mint condition. With the rosewood fingerboard, sunburst body, and black pickguard, I think it's a work of art. Judge for yourself:



The Precision was not my first bass, though. See if you can guess what the young aspiring rocker is plucking in the pictures below.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christine said...

You sure look hot, as a grown dude.

I think I would have found you a bit too edgy, when you were 13 and I was 9.